Monday, December 14, 2009

Hello I’m 10 years old and I’m writing this because I am thankful for this site you see a couple days ago there was this spelling bee and the school told us to prepare and well you know what I’ll just tell the story so you understand.




I was waiting for school to end like everyone else and two minutes before the school ended for the day my teacher told the entire class that there was going to be a spelling be in two months and the prize for the winner was 100$ in bills. But there was a tiny problem anyone in the school can come and on the spelling bee all of the words are going to be 8 letters to 12 long. All most everyone was signing up, teachers gave long lists with each word that might be on the spelling bee to every person that signed up.



I had problem studying the first 3 days so I looked up online for anything that might help you know I typed stuff like, improve vocabulary, study words, and stuff like that until I found the website fridgewords.org and it had every word on the list which I added to the word basket and a feature where I could do my own spelling bees and practice. So for the rest of the two months I studied as much as I could.



Then on the day the spelling bee started on this day but it will end several days later since there are a lot of people trying their luck. On the first round a lot of people were out since they forgot to study or something. On the next a few others and it went on like this for the next three days. I was left and some 10th grader the pressure was on the judges picked the final word. The 10th grader was asked to spell the word, he asked for the definition, and then in a sentence the judges did all that, and he spelled it incorrectly.



But to be eliminated I had to spell the word correctly and I spelled the word correctly. The 10th grader got off the stage and went away in shame of being beat by a 5th grader. I got presented with the 100$ bill by the judges.





So this is the reason I want to thank you for this site and the hope of other people having as much luck with it as I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment