Hi, I'm a kid from Montana and I want to tell you that I used this site I found on the internet to help me learn English words better.
You see a month ago in my school we were going to have a spelling bee and my class was told about this the month before that so we could prepare. Its was a class spelling bee meaning that every one in the classroom must participate we where give a long list of words that might or that will be on the test we were given four weeks to study for the spelling bee. Oh and did I mention that the prize was you could be the teachers assistant and boss anyone around that you want for a week.
And I was sick and tired of rewriting words and having writers cramp just to learn words. For the first two days I looked online for help so I looked online for help because no one else had a better idea. So I found a couple websites for learning English words but I wanted immediate results I kept testing every website I came about until I found Fridgewords.org and it gave me immediate results so I kept using it to study for weeks until the day of the test came.
Almost every body was talking about the prize. Who will boss who? What will you do? Who will you give special treatment? And stuff like that. Before the test started we got the chance to review as many words as we could in five minutes. And after that the spelling bee started, we were supposed to line up our desks in three rows ten desks per row and we did the spelling be alphabetized so we started with the people who started with the letter ‘a’ in their last name and so on about six people were eliminated in the first round, five in the next, seven in the third round, and ten in the fourth. Then it was me and some other kid the last word came and the kid got it… wrong.
But he didn’t lose yet, to be eliminated I had to spell the word right but if I got it wrong he would get a second chance and it will go on like this until one of us gets it right. And I got the word wrong and then we each started to get a turn for a chance to discover the right word. Some kids started cheering for me hoping that if I win they will get special treatment and some for the other kid also for the same reason. It went like this for a long time until I realized that the word wasn’t in the list they gave us. And if I said something like that my classmates might think that I was chickening out and that I wanted an easier word so I could win. So by every turn me and the kid puzzled out the word one letter at a time. And finally FINALY I figured the word out and I got my prize. Starting next week on Monday I was the teacher’s assistant for that entire week.
So that’s my story why I wanted to thank that site. Oh and one last thing the first thing I told every one to do was to check out that site for studying the next time there was a spelling be so I would have a bit more competition.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment