Ok you see a couple days a go my class was going to have a test on a dozen words we were supposed to study and a week before that we were told of the test and given the words to study.
Ok here’s how it goes my class just finished one of our tests on words when our teacher told us that we will be doing it a bit harder from now on. Meaning instead of remembering words that have one definition, we had to remember words that have up to three definitions. Words like brief, attain, buffet, and so on. But the problem was I wasn’t ready for this many definitions for just a single word. So I started to look online for help because my parents had no better idea, I used the regular studying techniques and they didn’t work. If there are 12 words times 3 because of definitions, I’d have to remember 36 definitions and remember which word they belonged to.
So I was typing stuff on the computer like remember a lot of definitions in a week, learn English words, and so on. But it wasn’t until I typed in ‘learn English words’ that I found a website that could help me. I first found the words I needed and added them to the word basket (a feature) and then I reviewed them, then I did the multiple choice test in the exercise tab. And I did pretty great only half of them I got wrong. I kept doing that exercise over and over again until I was feeling confident enough o try the type in guess the word feature where they tell you all the definitions but you had to type in the word correctly and lower cased. And after all that practice with the multiple choice test I pretty much remembered how to spell all the words. By the day of the test I was pretty much ready to do the test I was shacking from excitement.
After the test I kept asking what I got and the teacher kept telling me that she didn’t grade any of them yet again and again. A week after the test we got our grades and I got everything right. And that’s how I found a easy way to study without writing.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment