Hi, I’m a kid from Hawaii and I want to tell you that there is an easy way to learn English words.
You see two months ago I was minding my own business at my school, you know doing my school work. When we were announced over the P.A. that there was going to be a spelling be in one month and that the winner the will be the principles assistant for a week. Everyone was excited, these spelling bees were only once a year and at different times every year so no one could prepare extra early and they couldn’t because you needed to have the list that had the words that might or will be on the spelling bee and the lists were given out the day the spelling bee was announced.
This year there were a lot of words that had a lot of definitions and the judges will only say the hardest definition so the word was hard to figure out. I tried the usual study technique: rewriting words and their definitions twenty times and staring at books trying to remember them. But with all the definitions it was hard to remember them all. My family had no better idea, so I started to look on the internet for something that might help.
And I found this website that was for my purpose, and my purpose was to learn English words. So I studied using this website and here are the steps I took: first I picked all of my words that I needed. Second I reviewed the words, you know read it just so I know what to try to remember. Third I did an exercise. And guess what I only got a fourth of it wrong so I kept studying for weeks until the day of the spelling bee came and everyone was excited. We were going to have to the spelling bee in the gym since there was a lot of room there. Every one that was going to be in the spelling bee were given a number so that we knew who will start first and who will go after that person and so on.
In the first round half the people were eliminated because they didn’t study or they were accidentally signed up. In the second round about a dozen people were eliminated. And it went on like that for twenty- three rounds, until it was me and some sixth grader. The sixth grader started first and got the word ‘financial’. And he started to spell it. ‘F’, ‘I’, ‘N’, and then another ‘N’. The judges were about to eliminate him when they remembered that I had to spell the word that he spelled wrong, right. So I was asked the word and I spelled it correctly.
Starting the week after that I was the principal’s assistant and it was fun. I got no homework, I got bullies into detention, and for my friends I got them excused from class. So there you go that’s how I found out an easy way to learn English words.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment